GENERAL CONTEXT AND DEVELOPMENT
The impressive amount of research on innovation over recent decades reveals the importance of innovation for businesses. However, there is still no consensus on what makes innovation successful (Souitaris, 2002, 1999; Wolf, 1994) and / or on the understanding of its process (Coombs et al. 1996, Gupta et al. 2007).
In early research focused more or less on the impact of product innovations, processes, and technological innovations, recent trends have pointed to different directions, including organizational and managerial innovations, innovation management, and the impact of innovations in various areas of management (TQM, marketing, supply chain management, leadership, etc.).
Relations between innovation and management are both complex and interesting from several perspectives. In fact, if it is generally recognized that innovation can impact a company’s competitiveness, managers still need to design and implement processes, mechanisms, and practices to enhance the emergence, integration, and use of innovation to improve performance.
From another perspective, the proliferation and sustained pace of innovations made possible through scientific and socio-cultural advances of the 21st century, impact various dimensions of management in a very significant way. In fact, technological progress (new information and communication technologies, artificial intelligence, nanotechnologies, genetics…) and socio-economic transformations (globalization, emergence of new growth areas, social innovations, etc.) progressively disrupt business models and management practices.
This 3rd international management conference and 9th Africa Business Conference intend not only to focus on a synthesis of various dimensions of the relationship between innovation and management, but also to outline where this relationship is heading.
TOPICS OF THE CONFERENCE
- Innovation, performance and competitiveness;
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and development
- Strategic management of innovation
- Organizational and managerial innovation
- New information and communication technologies, artificial intelligence & management
- Marketing and innovation
- Strategy, organization and innovation
- Human resources management
- Supply chain management (SCM), quality and innovation
- Intercultural management and innovation
- Business communication and innovation
- Entrepreneurship and creativity in business
- Innovation and well-being
- Innovation and labor management
As the list is not exhaustive, any paper proposal related to the central theme will be examined by the Scientific Committee. Empirical work will be particularly appreciated.
Evaluation and publication:
- All manuscripts will be subjected to double blind peer-review.
- The most relevant papers will be published in specialized journals:
- The Transnational Corporations Review (TNCR): included in the Emerging Sources Citation Index and Scopus ;
- Revue d’Economie et de Gestion ISSN 2351-8111 ;
- Management et sciences sociales.
- The proceedings of the conference will be published in a special issue of the Moroccan Journal of Economics and Comparative Law.
Please click on the conference Call for Papers for more information.
Pour des informations en français, veuillez cliquer sur Appel à Communications
Please address any request to email@example.com. Papers in English or French will be considered for presentation.